What is Scribbles?
A novel series of workshops designed using creative methods as a form of expressing psychological and emotional needs. The workshops focus on both children and parents with and without special needs, aiming to bridge the gap in communicating and expressing oneself.
The Generous Supporters of Scribbles: Scribbles runs on the generous contributions of Leo Wicks and B&B Health Grant Scheme. Money obtained through some of the events are used as a revolving fund so that other events can be carried out free of charge for communities that cannot afford it.
Scribbles is one of our oldest workshops which have been carried out since December 2016. Apart from a number of workshops in Colombo we also have carried out special edition workshops at the cancer hospital, Maharagama. Apart from workshops in Colombo, the team also travels to other parts of the island. Some of the workshops carried out are described below.
- Asha Centre: The team visits Asha Center almost every month to carry out Scribbles workshops for the children.
- Guiding Steps International Montessori: The team visited Guiding Steps International Montessori for a day full of art therapy based activities in July 2017.
- Sandalankawa: The team visited a school in Sandalankawa, Dankotuwa to carry out a Scribbles workshop in April 2018.
- Gampola: The team visited a school in Dolosbage to carry out a scribbles workshop in November 2017.
- Vavuniya: In April 2017, a two day specially designed scribbles workshop at VAROD (Vanni Rehabilitation Organization for the Differently Abled) was carried out for the children and their caregivers.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or professional background...We at CAFS encourage people to be a part of our volunteer team